Friday, June 22, 2007

New Guy in Town

I got this idea from another DA recruiter whos blog I read in its entirety while I was in Rec School. God he talks about the Astros to much.. Goo Tigers/Bears
My first day as a US Army recruiter, hmm well not quite what I had expected. The other soldiers seem friendly but i somehow get the feeling that they dont like me too much. O well thats there problem not mine. Theres only one person that I need to keep happy and thats my wife. Alot of people have told me that there are lots of threats thown done at young recruiters. I say come and get me. Dont get me wrong I love the army, but there is no man that can tell me he is better than me, and damn sure better not think he can hold it over my head. I will keep my nose clean and give them everything they ask for that is possible. If i roll a donut, so what, they yell, threaten and raise thier blood pressure. Notice I said "thier", if there gunna get all worked up and die young from that vien thats about to burst through thier forehead it aint my problem. Anywho..... Im in Shithole town USA, did some house hunting.. OMFG The things that people will try to sell you now adays, Half of them should be condemed let alone trying to rent them out for 6-900$ F me. Hopefully better luck tommarow.

2 comments:

SSG Guardsman said...

Welcome to the world of recruiting!

I would like to say I'll be right there with you but I just finished my tour.

If there are any "salty" recruiters in your office - don't listen to a word they say. This job is what YOU make of it.

Make the best of it brother.

-Guardsman

JACK ARMY said...

Don't let USAREC beat you down! Keep your tools straight and you'll be fine. Let the tools go and you'll be hammered constantly by the CLT, BLT and anyone else that feels like hammering someone. Most of all, make the time you spend with applicants and DEP's count. That time makes a world of difference in your experience as a recruiter and in their experience entering the Army.

Good luck and put 'em in boots!